Friday, February 10, 2006

My New Car!!

Finally!! After a season and a bit of full autocross in the Infiniti G35 Coupe, I feel that it's time to get my priorities straight and that is to start racing competitively. Not only was the G35 a bit on the hefty side, it was also RWD and RWD year-round in New England weather just couldn't cut it. Even with heavy duty Bridgestone Blizzak tires I couldn't get up some hills... since I didn't want to purchase a winter beater I decided to let her go and get a new car. I do miss the stellar unique styling of the G35 but that was sacrificed with greater performance. It was pretty much a toss-up between the 2006 Subaru STI and 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX. The deciding factor came down to:

Price - The price of a new '06 Evo was less than the '06 STI
Handling - The handling of the Evo is often attributed similar to a surgeon's scalpel; I felt that the Evo was more responsive
Weight - The Evo (3263 lbs) is lighter than the STI (3,351 lbs)
Appearance – I liked the aggressiveness and carbon fiber wing
Engine – The 4G63 can be tuned to extract great power with minor modifications

Overall you can’t go wrong with either but I chose the Lancer Evolution

Out with the old...



And in with the New!!

No comments: