Wednesday, December 20, 2006

MOREE POWERRR!!

I went to 'The Shop' down by Stew Leonard’s in Norwalk, CT to get some stuff installed; usual fuel pump etc. and to get a boost leak test, all of which was to be completed before my tune. I was greeted by Jimmy with the utmost respect and professionalism. I explained what had to be done and he said it was not a problem. After most of the parts were complete and during the boost leak test they found a leak in my stock injector seals. This goes to show that even Evos rolled out of the factory floor COULD have some minor defects, because nobody touched my stock injectors, it was probably leaking from the factory (which would explain my boost fluctuations I was getting when at full boost since day 1 when I received the vehicle). I was probably running autocrosses and track days at reduced power! This was on a Saturday and the Mitsubishi dealership was closed so I was left without a vehicle, however Jimmy came to the rescue and asked if I needed a ride and personally drove me back home. Not only did he drive me home but he offered one of his personal vehicles to drive while my car would be left at ‘The Shop’ until they could replace the leaky injector seals. I declined the offer since I had a replacement vehicle at hand, but Jimmy’s actions reflect somebody who truly understands and cares for his customers! Most notably I enjoyed seeing the R33 GTR and C6 Z06. Overall, ‘The Shop’ is a wonderful place to get vehicles installed, fixed, tuned, etc. at a reasonable price. I would highly recommend ‘The Shop’ with Jimmy and his mechanics. I will definitely be coming back here! After the injector seals were replaced and all the leaks were taken care of, Jimmy told me that Al was in the area so I told him to tune my vehicle with a custom Dynoflash since I figured my car was already there. The tune I asked for was a conservative one because I do a lot of autocross (full seasons) and track days (2-5 a yr). I would like to say that Al did a terrific transformation of my vehicle. I went with Jimmy for a test run and when I first went WOT I couldn’t believe how hard the car pulled, the gains were definitely noticeable. I can’t wait till the next racing season! I’ll have to give the ¼ mile ago and see the trap speeds.


My modifications are: Works Drop-in Filter, 3’’ Works Coated DP, 3’’ Works HFC, 3’’ Greddy Titanium Exhaust, Hallman Manual Boost Controller (Tuned for 21psi on 93 octane), Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, AMS Lower Intercooler Piping, Forge EVO15 Diverter Valve


Note: The tune was done on my snow tires, I photoshopped my name out, and there is a misprint on the sheet should be 2006 not 2005


Here are the dyno sheets:







No comments: