Sunday, April 29, 2007

New Year?? New Suspension!!


I've decided to run a new suspension setup this year because I feel that with the increase in power I have to have balance that out with a better suspension setup to harness it. I've decided to go with Work's Stage III suspension package which is composed of Ohlins DFV coilovers with 10k/10k spring rates and a 24mm adjustible rear sway bar. The reason why I chose this setup is because Ohlins is well known in the suspension tuning field and Works adds that extra touch. This setup should yield better results than the stock suspension. Not to mention the spring rates aren't too harsh for a daily driver. These dampers can also be re-valved for higher spring rates in the future once I have more experience on the track. My primary concern for the Evo will be for road courses first and autocross second. I feel that the suspension should give me some additional cornering force but without sticky R-compounds I won't be able to use the setup optimally. It will be a learning process to learn how to adjust the settings along with the rear swaybar and tire pressures. I will be keeping a log of the temperatures and each of the settings for future reference.

No comments: