Friday, August 3, 2007

It's All Mental


The past two autocrosses I wasn't mentally focused, knocked a bunch of cones off, went off course a bit when I had remembered the course a lot of mistakes and this was mostly brought up by lack of sleep and dehydration. Started my new job this past month which is less technical and more managerial. I'm adjusting to the longer commute, juggle that with the gym every weekday and studying for my GMATs for B-school takes a toll, there just isn't much time. The weekend is the only time I get to catch up on my sleep but this doesn't really happen since I end up going out to the bar or something the day before an event. Driving has many aspects to it and mental preparation is one of the most important. Formula one drivers can't win a race if they made unnecessary mistakes contributed to lack of mental preparation . My car behaved terrific though the driving aspect wasn't there. It takes a lot to master the mental game and the past two autocrosses were a major let down on my part but I take it as a lesson learned: I will try to focus better, get out of this funk and start winning some races!

No comments: